26. The saa7134 driver¶
Author Gerd Hoffmann
This is a v4l2/oss device driver for saa7130/33/34/35 based capture / TV boards. See http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/saa7134hl for a description.
Almost everything is working. video, sound, tuner, radio, mpeg ts, ...
As with bttv, card-specific tweaks are needed. Check CARDLIST for a list of known TV cards and saa7134-cards.c for the drivers card configuration info.
Pick up videodev + v4l2 patches from http://bytesex.org/patches/. Configure, build, install + boot the new kernel. You’ll need at least these config options:
Type “make” to build the driver now. “make install” installs the driver. “modprobe saa7134” should load it. Depending on the card you might have to pass card=<nr> as insmod option, check CARDLIST for valid choices.
26.3. Changes / Fixes¶
Please mail me unified diffs (“diff -u”) with your changes, and don’t forget to tell me what it changes / which problem it fixes / whatever it is good for ...
26.4. Known Problems¶
- The tuner for the flyvideos isn’t detected automatically and the default might not work for you depending on which version you have. There is a tuner= insmod option to override the driver’s default.
26.5. Card Variations:¶
Cards can use either of these two crystals (xtal):
- 32.11 MHz -> .audio_clock=0x187de7
- 24.576MHz -> .audio_clock=0x200000 (xtal * .audio_clock = 51539600)
Some details about 30/34/35:
- saa7130 - low-price chip, doesn’t have mute, that is why all those cards should have .mute field defined in their tuner structure.
- saa7134 - usual chip
- saa7133/35 - saa7135 is probably a marketing decision, since all those chips identifies itself as 33 on pci.
26.6. LifeView GPIOs¶
This section was authored by: Peter Missel <email@example.com>
LifeView FlyTV Platinum FM (LR214WF)
GP27 MDT2005 PB4 pin 10
GP26 MDT2005 PB3 pin 9
GP25 MDT2005 PB2 pin 8
GP23 MDT2005 PB1 pin 7
GP22 MDT2005 PB0 pin 6
GP21 MDT2005 PB5 pin 11
GP20 MDT2005 PB6 pin 12
GP19 MDT2005 PB7 pin 13
nc MDT2005 PA3 pin 2
Remote MDT2005 PA2 pin 1
GP18 MDT2005 PA1 pin 18
nc MDT2005 PA0 pin 17 strap low
GP17 Strap “GP7”=High
GP16 Strap “GP6”=High
- 0=Radio 1=TV
- Drives SA630D ENCH1 and HEF4052 A1 pinsto do FM radio through SIF input
GP12 Strap “GP5” = High
GP11 Strap “GP4” = High
GP10 Strap “GP3” = High
GP09 Strap “GP2” = Low
GP08 Strap “GP1” = Low